What is Public Participation Network (PPN)
What does the PPN do?
In 2015 elections took place and have resulted in PPN reps being elected to Committees of Laois County Council. More information on these committees can be found here and the names of the PPN reps can be found here. The elections also resulted in the formation of a 12-member PPN Secretariat which acts as a steering group for overseeing the activities of the PPN and acts as the administrative and communication mechanism for the PPN. The names of the secretariat are listed across.
What is the role of the PPN?
- To contribute to a vision for the well-being of this and future generations.
- To facilitate opportunities for networking, communication and the sharing of information between environmental, community and voluntary groups, and between these groups and the local authority.
- To identify issues of collective concern and work to influence policies locally in relation to these concerns.
- To encourage and enable public participation in local decision making and planning of services.
- To facilitate the selection of participants from the environmental, social inclusion and voluntary sectors onto decision making body.
- To work to develop the Environmental, Social Inclusion, Community and Voluntary sectors so that the work of these sectors are clearly recognised and acknowledged, and that the sectors have a strong collective voice within the County.
- To support the individual members of the Public Participation Network so that:
- They can develop their capacity and work more effectively.
- They can participate effectively in the Public Participation Network activities.
- They are included and their voices and concerns are heard.
About Laois PPN
Organisations were also asked to choose the Municipal District in which they are active or in which they are based. There are 3 Municipal Districts in County Laois: Portlaoise, Borris-in-Ossary/Mountmellick, Graiguecullen/Portarlington
About Laois PPN
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Area Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Environment Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Social Inclusion Secretariat
Michael J Cobbe
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Area Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Environment Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Social Inclusion Secretariat
Portlaoise Area Secretariat
Portlaoise Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Portlaoise Environment Secretariat
Portlaoise Social Inclusion Secretariat
Stay up to date with our news
Laois County Council in participation with Laois Public Participation Network wishes to celebrate the major contribution made by Community/Voluntary Organisations in County Laois Nomination Forms are available in the following Categories Arts, Culture & Heritage...
Community Enhancement Application Form 2018 Community Enhancement Application Guidelines 2018 Applications are invited by Laois Local Community Development Committee under the Dept of Rural and Community Development’s Community Enhancement Programme 2018. The...
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Economic Development in Rural Areas Laois Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) in partnership with Laois Partnership Company has responsibility to deliver the Rural Development (LEADER) Programme in County Laois. The new Rural Development...