What is Public Participation Network (PPN)
What does the PPN do?
In 2015 elections took place and have resulted in PPN reps being elected to Committees of Laois County Council. More information on these committees can be found here and the names of the PPN reps can be found here. The elections also resulted in the formation of a 12-member PPN Secretariat which acts as a steering group for overseeing the activities of the PPN and acts as the administrative and communication mechanism for the PPN. The names of the secretariat are listed across.
What is the role of the PPN?
- To contribute to a vision for the well-being of this and future generations.
- To facilitate opportunities for networking, communication and the sharing of information between environmental, community and voluntary groups, and between these groups and the local authority.
- To identify issues of collective concern and work to influence policies locally in relation to these concerns.
- To encourage and enable public participation in local decision making and planning of services.
- To facilitate the selection of participants from the environmental, social inclusion and voluntary sectors onto decision making body.
- To work to develop the Environmental, Social Inclusion, Community and Voluntary sectors so that the work of these sectors are clearly recognised and acknowledged, and that the sectors have a strong collective voice within the County.
- To support the individual members of the Public Participation Network so that:
- They can develop their capacity and work more effectively.
- They can participate effectively in the Public Participation Network activities.
- They are included and their voices and concerns are heard.
About Laois PPN
Organisations were also asked to choose the Municipal District in which they are active or in which they are based. There are 3 Municipal Districts in County Laois: Portlaoise, Borris-in-Ossary/Mountmellick, Graiguecullen/Portarlington
About Laois PPN
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Area Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Environment Secretariat
Borris In Ossory / Mountmellick Social Inclusion Secretariat
Michael J Cobbe
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Area Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Environment Secretariat
Graiguecullen / Portarlington Social Inclusion Secretariat
Portlaoise Area Secretariat
Portlaoise Community & Voluntary Secretariat
Portlaoise Environment Secretariat
Portlaoise Social Inclusion Secretariat
Stay up to date with our news
Laois PPN Event “Welcome to the Community Coffee Morning”, took place on Ukrainian Independence Day, Wednesday the 24th of August 2022 in the wonderful grounds of Abbeyleix Community Garden. The garden and community were in full bloom to welcome Ukrainians from across...
On a beautiful Sunday morning, Laois PPN held a “Ramble at the Rock” event in partnership with Laois Heritage Office as part of Heritage Week 2022. The event was a guided heritage tour of one of the most iconic heritage sites in Laois – The Rock of Dunamase. ...
As part of Heritage Week, Laois PPN were delighted to invite its Member Groups to a Tour of the Portlaoise Plane. The event which took place on Saturday the 20th of August 2022 included a guided tour of the Portlaoise Plane led by Teddy Fennelly Chair of The Colonel...
(057) 866 5661
Laois PPN, JFL Avenue, Lyster Square, Portlaoise, Co. Laois